Friday, March 28, 2008

Sci-Fi Lord Sir Arthur C Clarke expires

On the 18th of March, Sir Arthur C Clarke - the only writer who i've read till date , expired at his residence in Sri Lanka. This brought a great shock for millions of his fans. I found his sci-fi works extremely interesting, something which propelled me towards my interests in technology.
As a writer, he was most famous for 2001: A Space Odyssey, both the novel and the 1968 film.This was one book which i read only to find the great mix of realism and fiction. I also liked his 2010 book. He continued writing until the end, finishing his final book only a few days ago.

As a thinker, Clarke was credited with transforming the world telecommuniciations through his proposal back in 1945 that man should use geosynchronous satellites, satellites orbiting above a single spot on earth, as relay stations. It was an idea before its time.
Hats off to you Sir, for exciting our imaginations . I'll surely remember him for inspiring me to become what i am. Without his inspiraton, i might not have been the person i am right now !!

No comments: