Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Headphones - Philips SHH4520


After my old headphones broke, i had been looking for a new earphone which i could use for my daily requirements. They were the Philips SHH4520. And they do seem to work well enough.

When i first tried out the earphone,i was utterly disappointed at its performance. The earphone used to crack up the audio at high treble pitches.`But tweaking up my phone gave fairly good results. But i must say that the results aren't amazingly brilliant, they're just above average.

The earphones have high treble intensity. They're good for listenng to Indian tracks, but not equally good for the English ones. Their performance dipped significantly for the bass intensive rock tracks. But after tweaking my equaliser, i got satisfactory decent results.

Right now i'm listening to Lady Gaga's Telephone, and it seems to be pretty good, but i simply cannot comment how good will it perform on other tracks.

And for movies, the product is quite good. I watched the whole "The curious case of Benjamin button" on these, and they did give me a good performance.

I give it a 8/10 for its performance.

Do you think the same, or you have a different opinion on this. Suggestions/Comments are welcomed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know why you called its quality to play rock mediocre as i find it awesome. I listen punk, metal, post-hardcore songs and it performs great. Its like a perfect soulmate for my ipod nano.

PrattzzHackzz said...

Its iPod Nano. The Apple guys know how to make music sound good. The sound amplification and mixing in iPods is the best. Also otherwise, SHH4520 have been made with great details by Samsung. I had listened to Everyday by Bon Jovi on the Nokia 5130, it sounded a bit distorted(knowing its sound amplification isn't very good).

Visit again

DesÜ said...

Hello PrattzzHackzz,

Your review is good but there is another model philips SHE 1360, SHE 2550 is available. What you think of it.


I am looking for around Rs.300 headphone for my SonyEricsson.


What about Creative?

any good suggestions?

PrattzzHackzz said...

Hey. Thanks.

Well, SHE 2550 seems good. Although i haven't used them myself, but from what i get to hear from some of my pals who use it, they find it good.

SHE 1360 seems to be made of plastic only. Try going in for any headphone with earbuds. Earbuds improve the performance, and makes the earphones easy to wear for long durations.

As for Creative, their product quality hardware hasn't been good in the recent past. And with that budget, i dont think there would be a good earphone with a decent sound quality.

My suggestion - If you're in New Delhi, India, then goto Nehru Place Market. There you can get SHH4520 for around 300bucks, or even cheaper. If not so, then go for the philips ones.

Do update which one did you buy. And keep visiting.

regards