Tuesday, August 31, 2010

HDFC Sucks

Here's another revew of one of the organisations whom i'd prefer to avoid - HDFC Bank. And that too for the simple reasons like - Injustifiable charging, bad services, poor work quality.

Recently, i shifted my address(yet again). having an account at the Hauz Khas branch, i went there.

It was a rainy day. Nothing special was there to make me a bit relaxed. I was there, and there were atleast 3-4 staff members who weren't even bothering(thats except Ms Anjali, the one who finally decided to attend me after watching me wait for ten minutes). Meanwhile, the one who should have attended me was busy in getting someone getting an account opened.

After obtaining the form from Ms Anjali, and enquiring about the procedures, i handed the form to my dad. I had taken up this so that my dad doesn't waste his time in such silly things.

When he submitted the form with the necessary documents, the branch manager refused to accept it, citing some technical issues with the stated address(he said that FF would not be read as First Floor). Poor chap not knowing that he was coming across a general manager from the second largest Indian bank. Finally he agreed to accept it. But now he wanted dad to fill in the form once again. My father asked why, for which he was answerless. Seemed like my dad understood that he intended to make some changes in the account type without even asking us(in the same way the did when we opened this account, we had ignored it then only).

Now, after 10 days, they call up saying that the proof needs to be changed as the short name in the bill cannot be considered to be same as the full name entered in their records. How irritating.

HDFC Hauz Khas is simply pathetic !

No comments: