Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kanye West - The future of Music ?!


Kanye West - the future of music?

I was going through some tracks stored on my PC, and i came across this track from "My Dark Twisted Fantasy". This 'Kanye West' album has exhibited some really good lyrics writing, punched with some really peppy beats. Its no wonder that My Dark Twisted Fantasy went so high at the Billboards.

The track was 'Lost in the World'. The lyrics reminded me of the old Eminem, coupled with the soul of Justin Timberlake's 'Futursex/Lovesounds' which was declared the best album of the decade in a survey last year. Here's a peek at the lyrics

"I'm lost in the world
I'm down my whole life
I'm new in the city
But I'm down for the night

Down for the night, down for the night

You're my devil, you're my angel
You're my heaven, you're my hell
You're my now, you're my forever
You're my freedom, you're my jail
You're my lies, you're my truth
You're my war, you're my truce
You're my questions, you're my proof
You're my stress and you're my masseuse


Songwriters: Odilien Dibango;Justin Deyarmond Vernon;Gil Scott-heron;Jeffrey Bhasker;Kanye West;James Brown


The depression in the lyrics appear just in the way like Eminem represents(although his lyrical writing is differnt). And the writing style is similar to Justin's. The good part is that Kanye has maintained his typical rapping style, which was also included in the single 'Heartless'. Though Heartless was just a depressing track, Lost in the World is a bittersweet track - the classic kind.

Kanye was already good at lyrics in his albums. His first album Late Registration was also brilliantly written, and hence fetched him rave reviews. It was just his clash with 50 cent's party anthem 'Inm Da Club' that impacted its popularity(For those who don't know, 50Cent and Kanye West released their respective firt albums of their career at roughly the same time).

Only time will tell whether Kanye will become the future of the Hip-hop community. Until then, lets enjoy the great music !

What do you think? Do you think the same, or have a different opinion? Feel free to pour in your comments

No comments: