Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rainbow's, SDA Market, opposite IIT Gate - Big store, Cheap Act

Recently, when i visited IIT Delhi for their annual technical festival Tryst '12, i was actually in for a rude shock. Being a native of hauz Khas, i decided to give the area nearby IIT a walk. Having been a resident of the area for so many years now, the place is of a 'motherland' kind of a significance to me.

Anyways, the day was quite hot. A friend was with me. We decided to buy a soft drink to cover up for the heat. I prefered Rainbow's. I had been a patron of Rainbow's since my school days when i used to visit their outlet at kalu Sarai.

I placed the order, and took the delivery. But when i paid, i was astonished that i wasn't returned any amount. Rs 3 was due(i had paid 30 bucks in cash). I asked the billling guy about the balance, he told me that there was a special VAT of 20%. I was shocked. 20% was sheer loot. There's no such government law.

I aske dthe owner nearby about this. He said "Yaha Thanda karne ke paise lagte hai". I was astonished. The owner of an old eatery chain chrging so high and giving such a petty excuse for this. The bottle clearly mentioned the MRP Rs 27, Still he was cheating and was shameless. That actually surprised me. I had never expected so.






This was a shock for me, as Rainbow isn't just any small eatery. Its a chain, and a catering contractor, who has served contracts for 5 star hotels like Hotel Chanakya. And still he gives such lame excuse. And to top it all, he gave me a wrong bill (where in India does one get a 500ml Pepsi pet).

It is really discouraging. If such chains cheat with the common masses, its their loss, and even if they know, they do it with no shame. Pity on them

No comments: