Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Product Review - Tzinga

I recently tried a new energy drink which i had heard of. The drink's named Tzinga, an is promoted by a Gurgaon based firm.

I purchased a pack of Tzinga. It was a 200ml pouch, hence cutting the traditional can cost. But the price was too shockingly low - INR 20. I can buy 4 of these, and still have a polo. This is probably the cheapest drink out there in the Indian market.

The pouch is more like those cheap one drink pouches available in the market.






The drink comes in Lemon Mint flavour, and claims to have ginseng and guarana added along with Taurine. And all this for 20 bucks. I decided to buy it.

I opened the pack(which is sealed like a juice tetrapack), and tasted it. First thought - Mint dominates every other flavour. Slowly lemon comes into the picture when the tongue becomes used to it. But first reaction is.... too wierd for someone whose just migrated from Red Bull or the similar class. The taste of caffeine is missing, and the flavour of mint is spoiling the drink.

I somehow managed to gulp the whole drink. Will i put my money on buying this product - maybe not. Reason : Out of the league flavour, which is totally imbalanced. Mint might make alcoholics go in for it, but as a regular stand-alone energy drink, the mint's just too much.

If the flavour have had less of mint and more of lemon, the flavour would have been better. Maybe because i'm drinking an energy drink after ages, i'm feeling the exhuberant variation in the flavour.

My rating - 3.5/5

No comments: